Early Reviews and Event Reminders
I am proud to say that I have already sold 62 copies of The Best Girl! I have also provided 150 complimentary copies to contest winners, bookstores, podcast interviewers and to my family. I have also been busy entering the book for a variety of award in the following categories: Best Cover Design, Best New Non-Fiction, Best Autobiography/Memoir and Best Women’s Issues. I have no idea what my competition is, but I think The Best Girl is a winner in all of these categories!
Of those who have received an advanced copy and are in the midst of reading the book, I have received the following comments:
- Riveting, couldn’t put it down.
- I had no idea what domestic violence was, or what your family went through.
- So good. I want to give you a big hug. Well written.
- Very well-written. The words jumped right off the page.
- Wow! I think you found your calling, you are a wonderful author!
- It brings back so many memories! I remember that look your mom would give you, the fact that you always got to sleep in while I had to get up and do chores. I can hear your mom’s voice.
- You are SUCH a descriptive writer!
- Bernice is a lovely person.
For those of you who still do not have a copy there are several ways to obtain one. I would love to have you come to one of my upcoming events – I have two this week and several scheduled for May. Books will be for sale at each event, and I will personally sign all purchased books. I also have several copies on hand, and so, if you are not able to attend an event, but would like a signed copy, please contact me.
The book is available at all bookstores, so if you have a local store you normally shop at, stop in and ask them to order you a copy. Lastly, you can pre-order a copy online – the shipping dates for both Amazon and Barnes and Noble is April 30th. When purchasing on Amazon, consider purchasing through Amazon Smile and choosing a Domestic Violence shelter in your area as your donor.
I look forward to having each of you read The Best Girl! The next step in the process will be to obtain reviews from those that read the book. Starting April 28th, readers will be able to post reviews on Amazon, (even if you didn’t purchase the book on Amazon) which will greatly help my online presence. I will update you on that process in my next posting.
Always hold on to Hope,